Friday, November 4, 2011

Foodie Fridays: What I've been drinking by the gallons (Red date tea)


My mum has been cooking our meals these days.  She believes in the traditional confinement diet, so I've been having fish and more fish everyday, doused in loads of sesame oil and garnished with generous helpings of ginger.  I'm more or less ok with her cooking, and I'm sure glad that at least she doesn't believe in the "no baths" rule!

This red date tea is what I'm being made to drink everyday by the buckets, and I thought I'd share the recipe here (courtesy of an ex-colleague) for future reference:

Red Date Tea 
(for confinement only)

Ingredients:
:: 8 red dates
:: 50g black beans (pan-fried without oil)
:: 10g dried longan flesh (more can be added to improve taste)
:: 20g dangshen
:: 4 slices old ginger

Steps: 
1. Rinse all ingredients, place in slow cooker.  Add 1.25 litres of boiling water.
2. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Drink, drink, drink.  And of course, suffer the consequences of frequent trips to the toilet too...

Have a blessed weekend!

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 3:16 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About