Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays: Babies make you trust God

I have been feeling rather apprehensive about number 2.  Yes, I know, the excitement is there, but still, I am quite worried when I recall what we faced the first time round...  The post-natal recovery after Junior J was slow and painful, and I still can remember all  the difficulties we faced in the earlier days.  The house full of people (it was CNY and we didn't manage to finish spring-cleaning), all the difficulties nursing, the cotton-wool feeling in your head from trying to sleep in 30 minute intervals as Junior J woke every 2 hours to feed for 45 minutes...

Right now, at about 2 weeks more to full-term, we're also contemplating hiring a confinement nanny (long story that).  And we've just received news that the lady that we previously hired for post-natal massage would not be available as she would be overseas.  We're also wondering how little boy will take to having to share our time and attention with a small squalling bundle...  And to top it off, it may be Copenhagen instead of Germany next year, but everything is still uncertain.

In the early days.  Grainy picture, but still quite a keeper, yes?

So many question marks.  Its going to be a tiring time ahead... but I think one thing we've learnt for sure is... while being parents is challenging, God always brings us through.  Perhaps babies are just lessons in trusting God, all wrapped up in wriggly limbs, mittens and loads of poop... and I am thankful that our God is one faithful God that sustains, provides and strengthens.

What are you thankful for this week?

PS: Since I am on the topic, any parents have a good confinement nanny, and a post-natal massage lady to recommend?  Please do leave me a comment, or drop me a note!

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 1:37 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About