Thursday, September 5, 2013

Friday Five: When the lil one is sleeping


I've been faced with the challenge of keeping Junior J occupied ever since he decided to drop his afternoon nap. I used to settle both boys down for a nap at the same time, however, now I have to ensure Junior J doesn't disturb Lil J while I nurse him. 

Thus far, I've more or less managed to keep the big boy busy for almost an hour or so while I settle Lil J (and sometimes catch 40 winks myself, thanks to preggie tiredness!). This is our regular "set-up" these days:

:: An episode of Magic School Bus on the laptop. He loves watching this and I figured 25 minutes of screen time a day would be ok, considering he doesn't get any other gadget or screen time.

:: His art journal (just one of those freebie notebooks) and some stickers, or some pasting activities.

:: Some materials to draw with. I try to rotate these with different types of markers etc.

:: A snack, usually something with dairy (eg. yoghurt) since he's started refusing to drink milk.

:: A letter. This one's a long story, so I'll leave it for another post. In short, its just one of the ways to encourage him to attempt to read. 

Some days he decides to barge in when he's done with the snack and TV, but usually Lil J's asleep by then. I'm hoping to add more activities into the mix. Its a little tricky since he's quite choosy about what he is willing to do when he's on his own (no writing or worksheets for this boy!). Any suggestions?


Mum in the Making

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 10:49 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About