Friday, January 25, 2013

Junior J's 4th: His dinosaur day


Yesterday was Junior J's birthday. We didn't have a party this time round, since he isn't close to the other kids here that are around his age. Instead, we just tried to make his day a little extra special. Since he loved dinosaurs so much, I decided it would be a dino-filled day for him!

I had wanted to make some dino-themed bentos for him for breakfast and lunch, like this one that I made previously. However, the boy woke up two hours before his usual wake up time (the first time it has happened ever!) and refused to go back to sleep, so I had to keep him occupied while I prepared breakfast. Thankfully I had managed to string up the birthday bunting (recycled from baby J's 1st birthday, but with dinosaurs added) before he woke up!

So in the end, breakfast was a simple cream cheese sandwich with a brachiosaurus cut out, and some rainbow sprinkles (I don't usually give the boy sprinkles, but I thought it won't hurt to use them once a year), along with some blueberries and grapes, plus his usual cup of milk.


Lunch prep was really rushed, so it was some pasta in chicken soup plus an omelette. I cut out a T-Rex using a cookie cutter and surrounded it with some veggies (for some reason it reminds me of those hidden pictures in those tests you take for colour-blindness?):


Then when he woke up he had his birthday muffins for tea (the dinosaurs for both the bunting and cake toppers were printed from here, and I baked these using this recipe, but added some cocoa powder since he loves chocolate):


And we ended off the day with dinner at an Italian place, Il Borgo, which had the yummiest fish soup and foccacia bread ever:


And the rest of the day? Well, he spent it pouring over dinosaur books...


... telling lots of dinosaur stories, and puzzling over a new dino puzzle that he received as a present!


I think he had a pretty good dino-filled day!

 Linking up with:

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 6:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About